The Chronicle @ Kettle Run

The student news site of Kettle Run High School

The Chronicle @ Kettle Run

The Chronicle @ Kettle Run

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Staff Profile

Donald Trump’s Viral Mugshot

It’s not uncommon for celebrities to have at least one mugshot, and recently one more has been added to the collection. Former President Donald Trump had his mugshot taken and it has somewhat taken over the internet. Trump was accused of inciting insurrection and conspiracy to defraud the United States, along with 18 of his supporters who also face similar charges. On Thursday the 24th of August, the former president turned himself into an Atlanta Jail. Trump had flown on his private jet to turn himself in and while on the tarmac, stated that “We did nothing wrong.” according to AP News. He had his mugshot taken, fingerprints done, and was released in about 20 minutes. Trump’s expression is vastly different from that of the 18 others accused, his glare a little angrier. Trump stated that “It’s not a comfortable feeling- especially when you’ve done nothing wrong.” (AP News) 

Following this event, Trump’s mugshot quickly gained popularity and went viral on social media platforms. The internet found this mugshot to be hilarious and quickly became the center of many memes, shirts, mugs, and other merchandise. Green Day, the 90’s punk rock star, has also joined the fray and put the mugshot on “Nimrod” t-shirts and sold them for charity. The Trump campaign has also raised about 7 million dollars in the following days after Trump’s mugshot was released.