Former Graduates of Kettle Run

What some of our own alumni are currently doing in life

Declan Boyle, Staff Reporter

I graduated in 2014 and went off to James Madison University. I’m now a rising junior, majoring in media arts and design, and minoring in French and economics. This fall I’m studying abroad in London, England through one of my major programs and I’ll be interning in the advertising industry, while also taking a full load of classes over there. I’d encourage everyone to apply to JMU as it’s the happiest place ever! (Not just saying that).

-Shelby Pope, Class of 2014

I graduated in 2010 from Kettle Run High School. In May, I graduated with my Bachelor’s degree in marketing and am the new marketing intern for Stanley Martin Homes in Reston! I Graduated from James Madison University.

-Ashlin Manley, Class of 2010

I graduated from Kettle Run High School in 2012 and will be graduating from Bryn Mawr College in December 2016 with an A.B. in Growth and Structureof Cities. This past summer, I worked with the U.S. Department of State at the U.S. Consulate General in Milan, Italy as a Public Affairs intern. This semester, I’m performing original research for my senior thesis on settlement patterns of Italian immigrants in Philadelphia during the Italian diaspora. After finishing school, I hope to work in affordable housing or community development and will take the Foreign Service Officer Test in February 2017.

-Marion Silas, Class of 2012

Well, I was working at Sheehy Ford for three years–two weeks ago I decided I didn’t want to do that anymore. Monday I’m meeting with the National Guard, and Tuesday I start my new job at the Timber Ridge School.

-Delonte Pinn, Class of 2012

I’m a government account representative for Carahsoft in Reston. Carahsoft is a distributor for several software vendors. The vendor team I am a part of is Adobe. I’m still dating Faith, my high school sweetheart. I bought my first car recently. And I now keep fish in two separate aquariums. Keeping fish is a hobby I picked up at Lynchburg College where I majored in French. I have 13 fish and 1 snail.

-Matthew Anderson, Class of 2012

I graduated in 2013. I’m about to start my senior year at Christopher Newport University. I’m a double major in social work and psychology, with a minor in sociology. I’m the president of the social work association and Secretary for my sorority Nu Kappa Epsilon. As well, I have an on-campus job as a front desk assistant, and am about to begin an internship with the Newport News Department of Corrections.

-Melissa Garlem, Class of 2013

I graduated in the first class of Kettle Run High School in 2010. I’ve been working for the US Army since 2012 and am currently stationed in Vilseck, Germany where I’ll be living until 2019.

-Jimmy Hargro, Class of 2010

I currently work as an industrial electrician for the gas and oil field. I’ve worked in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, North Dakota, and now west Texas. I own a small 15 acre farm in Leon, West Virginia with my wife, Korrie Hardman Norman, who was also a Kettle Run High School graduate, my four year old son Carson, and my daughter, Kennie, who will be one in September.

-Cameron Norman, Class of 2011

I am now a technician at Parkway Veterinary Clinic in Burke, Virginia which is a job I have always wanted to have since high school! I got married to the love of my life in August 2015 and we have a handsome little boy named Finnley. We are fortunate enough to have our small farm (chickens, horses, goats, and pigs) at Barrel Oak winery where my husband is the Vineyard manager. I get to put a lot of my high school Horticulture and FFA experience to good use living here with all the animals and plants!

-Kristin Parker Jiminez, Class of 2012